The Manager, Plant Engineering develops and implements overall plant technical strategies and tactics focused on engineering projects, maintenance, and reliability focused improvement programs. Develops and provides leadership to the Early Management (EM) Pillar to ensure implementation of low loss production systems. Provides solutions to technical problems and recommendations for improvements in production activities and manages the plant technical organization. Develops and leads plant specific engineering and maintenance strategies to achieve key performance goals. Creates and manages all plant technical expense budgets and works with Corporate Engineering to deliver the capital budget.
- Assist plant and provides leadership in establishing safety of all our associates to World Class Safety and Zero Incidents as the plant’s first objective.
- Support and provide Leadership in Quality and Food Safety to achieve goals of Zero Foreign Material.
- Lead the cross-functional development and implementation of the capital plan including the engagement of related Plant and Corporate functions such as, but not limited to Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Environmental, Operations, Maintenance, Finance and Operations
- Collaborate with the Plant in setting clearly delineated roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities consistent with the principles of LOC.
- Fostering a team-based problem-solving methodology.
- Support the Plant in driving business literacy through education of key business issues and concepts.
- Work with Platform Engineering Director to resource projects including, but not limited to Engineering Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert and Start-up Manager roles.
- Assist Plant in delivering financial objectives.
- Support the Plant in conducting internal systems audits as required.
- Provides expert level technical support on an ad hoc basis.
- Support the Plant in providing direction and lead the EM Pillar Team in the development of long- and short-term plans and goals for the Plant.
- Support the Plant in providing project and technical support to the plant and division when required.
- Support the Plant in participating on and leading project teams that improve safety, quality, utilization, labor relations, sanitation, costs, and customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize available application computer programs.
- Demonstrate executive maturity through decision making and effective communication with various departments and managers to ensure plant resources are efficiently utilized in maximizing true efficiency.
- Lead the Plant in preparing and conducting necessary team meetings for proper communications and development of teams. Must also have the ability to work with Maintenance, Quality, Production and Warehouse teams to create a cooperative environment.
- Responsible for giving work direction and coordinating mechanical and clerical activities in the maintenance department.
• Leadership skills to work as a peer and advisor to other departments
• Ability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; Computer applications skills
• Strong leadership, coaching, communication, presentation and negotiating skills
• Five to seven (5-7) years Engineering experience including a minimum of 2 years in the Food Industry or closely related field (i.e. Biotechnology, Pharma, etc.)
• 3-5 years technical resource management experience.
• 3+ years in a managerial/supervisory role