Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Manager, Analytic Solutions Product Development is part of NPD’s Analytic Solutions Product Development team. This individual works with our other developers, data assets, and users to implement scalable analytic solutions that delight our clients and drive their growth.
This role drives NPD growth by developing and improving NPD’s analytic models and client delivery capabilities that clients love, thus driving new sales and repeat business. This is a hands data scientist and programming role, requiring working familiarity with the types of statistics, math, and algorithms that power marketing analytics for manufacturers and retailers.
This role will be responsible for developing new methodologies that focuses on creating scalable marketing analytics solutions. You will be responsible for programming tasks related to date extraction and transformation, model development, testing, deployment, and support of our modeling engines and platforms, including:
- Partner with other methodology developers to develop prototype-scale applications to test impact of alternative approaches to data preparation, modeling, simulation, etc.
- Design and develop data management, data integration, and other ETL workflows to feed modeling engines and client applications
- Create stable, documented production code for data management (ETL), modeling, simulation, or optimization
- Develop APIs or other scalable platform connections to ingest and process data, to connect application engine components, to send model outputs to user interfaces, etc.
- Develop unit testing and integrated testing approaches to ensure quality
- Support user acceptance testing to ensure usability
- Collaborate with information security and infrastructure teams to align on common architecture and manage deployments
- Collaborate with representatives of the user community to challenge, clarify, and improve user stories as they are sized and prioritized in our backlog process
- Manage selected product support activities
Skills and Other Requirements
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong priority setting
- Demonstrated record of creative problem solving
- 3+ years of relevant work experience developing analytic models and programming
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the technical aspects of analytics, data science and statistical methodologies, data management, analytical and data visualization software tools and the application of appropriate coding languages
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with and mastery of Python for data analysis
- Experience developing and implementing ETL process, in Python or other programming languages
- Comfort working in Linux environments for building, deploying, and scripting applications
- Working familiarity with math and data concepts used in marketing analytics (including forecasting; marketing effectiveness; price and promotion; assortment; and segmentation)
- Strong knowledge of technologies for data management, reporting, visualization, user interface, math algorithms, and security
- Experience with agile and waterfall project management approaches
- Strong code hygiene and documentation skills
- Comfort interacting with technical and non-technical audiences to solve problems and explain solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.