A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
TheProduct Manageris responsible for managing one or more primary product categories throughout the product life cycle. Activities include contributing to a product roadmap, conducting competitive benchmarking, identifying and filling product gaps, leading cross-functional teams in developing new products, managing product cost and profitability, leading product cost-reduction activities, monitoring and adapting the product portfolio strategy, leading product commercialization efforts ,and providing marketing support for pricing, sales, training, literature, and promotions.
This position will serve ourAir Division, located inLewisville, Texas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the product life cycle and manage the development, profitability and market share growth of assigned products categories.
- Partner with cross functional teams to complete project justification analysis via ROI & payback periods and develop project buy-in.
- Develop and maintain a product road map that positions Rheem Air to win in the marketplace, drive customer centric innovations, ensure P&L growth, and include the latest VOC input.
- Lead cross-functional team on product development projects ensuring project schedules are created, updated, maintained, and followed.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and purchasing to drive cost reduction activities to maintain and grow product portfolio profitability.
- Partner with marketing to provide the sales team with the necessary sales knowledge, training and materials enabling them to sell the product.
- Prepare product forecasts and monitor inventory levels as serves as liaison with production to ensure supply timelines.
- Review and analyze product data, keep sales team up to date on new developments regarding the company’s or competitor’s products.
- Lead competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps such as product teardowns, PEP process, customer interviews, online research and other benchmarking methodologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- 3 years of experience in product management, marketing, sales, and engineering related fields.
- Demonstrates project management and team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly energetic and a self-starter.
- Ability to think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information.
- Sales, marketing, or HVAC / Water Heating industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
- Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of market research, segmentation, and channels; ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
- Understanding of the importance of remaining aware of shifting market priorities and ability to respond to internal and external customer needs in a manner that consistently adds value.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- Supervisory experience
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.