Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Production Engineering is a hybrid software/systems group that ensures Facebook's services and products run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. Production Engineers work with Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, sometimes embedded in those teams, collaborating in building and scaling technology solutions. Managing a Production Engineering team requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of technologies, a focus on growing and developing the skills and talents of your team, and a relentless drive toward high-value projects and ruthless prioritization.
1. Support and lead engineers working on Facebook's products and services, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems
2. Understand and contribute to technical architectures, capacity plans, tooling needs, automation plans, product launch plans and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges
3. Drive technical architecture discussions, even on subjects you haven't had direct experience working with
4. Develop lasting partnerships with product management, program management, network engineering, software engineering and other related groups to build and improve our ever-growing large-scale distributed infrastructure and product environment
5. Empower engineers to develop their careers, matching their strengths with projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
6. Help build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
7. Assess employee performance on an ongoing basis, address under-performance, and recognize and promote performance
8. Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
9. Balance the need to “keep things running” with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
10. 5+ years of direct management experience in a technology role
11. BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
12. Experience with systems, networking, and troubleshooting
13. Experience drafting and reviewing code
14. Experience with building teams and/or organizations, including hiring and managing performance
15. Communication and cross-collaboration experience
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.