The FMF Production Manager Team Lead II will have supervisory responsibilities for multiple FMF programs. Under limited supervision of a Director, lead the functional team(s) supporting assigned program(s) to achieve production and customer schedules and the manufacture of quality products within cost and schedule requirements. Ensure positive communication and employee relations and the consistent application of company policies.
- Ensure compliance with contract terms and FMF Regulations.
- Assist Planner with production scheduling.
- Proactively identify problems, their root cause and recommend (or identify and lead team to recommend) suitable solution(s) to management. Drive the implementation of improvements to remedy issue.
- Expand or maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art manufacturing practices
- Drive cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement projects in Continuous Improvement manufacturing and appropriate quality standards/certifications.
- Regularly provide constructive, verbal and written, performance feedback. Proactively correct performance deficiencies using the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) process through all the required steps.
- Supervise the timely and accurate reporting of labor and production data. Monitor labor and expense budgets and institute necessary cost controls to meet company’s profit goal on assigned programs.
- Prepare production reports for senior management.
- Ensure adherence to federal and state laws and company policies and procedures including: Human Resources, labor, safety, and housekeeping practices, etc.
- Commitment to Business Units for on-time deliveries, at established cost & quality standards.
- Prepare and provide input for Product Line HPU and develop recovery plan for variance.
- Ensures a safe working area for all employees and is accountable for the daily work plan.
- Ensures manufacturing process integrity.
- Forecasts and monitors capacity requirements for labor and equipment.
- Manages work assignments for Assemblers and Technicians.
- Retain staff with necessary expertise and experience and provide professional training and operator skills enhancement as required.
- Performs labor administrative requirements.
- Performs general assignments and tasks as being part FMF Production Management staff.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Determine priorities in conjunction with customer requirements and Master Schedule.
- Commit to FMF Business Unit on cost, schedule, and Quality.
- Authority to make Personnel Assignments
- Authority to make Personnel Performance Assessments.
- Authority to make Personnel Hiring & Discipline Decisions.
- Authority to Request Resources
- Business Unit - Program Managers, Directors, and Operations VP..
- Manufacturing Directors.
- Production Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, Planners and ESL Project Managers.
- Common Process Managers.
- Material Managers and Buyers/Planners.
- Test Support Engineers and Manager.
- Sustaining Engineers and Manager.
- Human Resources Representatives.
- IAM Union Representatives.
Education: High School Diploma Required; Bachelor's Preferred (5-10 years functional experience may substitute)
Functional (Using Skill Set): 3-5 years
Management: Entry Level
Industry: 1-3 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Good Communication Skills.
- Knowledge of MRP /ERP systems.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Power Point, Excel, and Word).
- Excellent team forming skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Ability to effectively work with all management levels in the FMF Business Unit.