Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman’s Aeronautics sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the program/organization/business unit.
Responsible for planning, risk management and project performance for large system development type contract. The selected person will be responsible to provide leadership to a multiple function IPT responsibility for quality, schedule and cost commitments. They will develop and implement long-range plans and strategies in support of current and future Program milestones. They will be required to interface effectively communicate and collaborate with Company Leadership and Government Customers regarding program activities. Must be able to lead program reviews to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Must be able to understand and interrogate design concepts and engineering efforts for product development, integration and test. Will be required to establish milestones and monitor adherence to program schedules. Must be organized and able to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to resolve them. Will be required to work constraints between functions and resolve issues to drive program performance.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
This position requires the ability to support various working shifts, weekends, holidays and 25% travel.