As the Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for management and negotiation of real estate transactions including, acquisition, disposition and leasing for TopBuild Corp. and its subsidiaries. This role will also provide property management of the Daytona Beach Branch Support Center location and support for our subsidiary locations. This position is charged with the day-to-day implementation and management of policies, procedures and programs that will assure properly negotiated real estate contracts, advantageous financial results for the company, well-managed and well-maintained buildings, and safe and environmentally healthy surroundings for our employees. Your day will also be spent coordinating the activities, negotiating leases, analyzing financials, suppliers and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations. Responsibilities also include managing the real and personal property tax compliance with the company's outsourcing provider.
- Responsible for management and negotiation of real estate transactions including, acquisition, disposition and leasing for TopBuild Corp. and its subsidiaries.
- Effectively manage all real estate aspects relating to site selection, relocation, expansion and contraction, lease renewals, notice dates, options, terminations and other critical lease dates associated with lease transactions.
- Negotiate and manage state, local and private economic incentives and awards.
- Recommend opportunities for cost savings and/or cost avoidance strategies via negotiations, budget presentations and capital expenditure summaries.
- Develop and implement corporate strategic planning initiatives relating to real property.
- Work with the TopBuild legal team to ensure well drafted contracts that protect the company's interests.
- Work with other internal departments to ensure environmental compliance, satisfaction of insurance requirements, and effective real estate tax appeals.
- Use creativity to negotiate effective strategies to long term lease obligations and costs, while providing the necessary work environments for our operating divisions to generate income and profit for the company.
- Strategize and work directly with all departments on high-level property-related issues, such as lawsuits and evictions, Eminent Domain, relocations, property damages, audits, environmental, etc., to reduce costs and risk of loss.
- Maintains awareness of relevant department objectives and changes.
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility - 2 employees (Facilities Analyst and Maintenance Technician), plus various suppliers as projects require.
- Charged with supervision of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the Branch Support Center and other properties.
- Assist with reviewing, and submitting for approval, as needed, all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex. Assists in the preparation and publication of the annual budget, quarterly reforecast, and business plans.
- Assist in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives.
- Responsible for assisting with training and motivating facility personnel.
- Monitor and ensure that tenants and suppliers comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required.
- Responsible for management of corporate real estate and personal property databases.
- Manage property valuation assessments, audits and appeals with local municipalities.
- Manage the required personal property tax filings, payments and relationship with current service provider.
- Manage and advise on all audits of personal property taxes.
- Monitor progress of direct reports and provide guidance and assistance as needed.
- Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum Degree: Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent of education, MBA a plus
- Special Certification or Licensing: CPM, RPA, Real estate sales license a plus
- Minimum experience: 7 to 10 years
- Required Industry Experience (Construction, Insulation, Trades, etc.): Corporate real estate, commercial property management, or related area
- CPM, RPA designation or Real Estate License a plus
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook desired
Type of Travel Required: National,
Amount of Travel Required: