Manager, Recruiting and Employee Development – Pittsburgh, PA
At Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, working together to serve our clients and each other, is what we are all about! We are seeking an experienced and exceptional Human Resources Manager to join our team. The position is based in Pittsburgh, but will have full-time responsibilities across all of our offices, which are in California, Delaware, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington DC. Applicants should have the ability to travel, if necessary.
The ideal candidate has at least ten years of related experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development is required and advanced degree or additional certifications are a plus, including PHR or SPHR. The position reports to the Director of Human Resources & Talent Management and will have at least one direct report.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Administers all aspects of the firm-wide non-legal staffing including recruiting, hiring and onboarding.
- Creates position descriptions and staffing strategies.
- Develops and oversee employee development programs that address skills training and the ongoing professional growth of employees.
- Drafts firm policies and processes to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversees and provides guidance to office managers.
- Prepares performance improvement plans and performance correction plans.
- Serves as first point of contact for employee relations issues.
- Assists in employee investigations as requested by Director and General Counsel.
- Contributes positively to the team environment.
- Performs other human resources generalist functions as assigned.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney LLP offers an outstanding benefit package that includes:
- 401K Program
- Pension Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays