The Manager of Retail Communications leads field & channel communication. This role supports the retail field team of the Outlet Store Business. The mission is to enhance our in-store experience through clear communication, leadership, and direction to maximize revenues and meet future growth & sales plans. This position will support the consistent implementation of strategic initiatives and achievement of goals and objectives as defined. The Manager of Retail Communications is focused on delivering communication strategies regarding expense budgets, while also maximizing store KPI’s and enhancing the selling culture. The position reports to the Director, Retail Store Operations.
- Support the field leadership Regional Managers to drive results in our Outlet Stores. Results are measured in terms of operational efficiencies and P&L Impact.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates customer demand and sales trends to determine where to recommend changes to store management, merchandising teams and/or cross-functional teams to meet customer challenges.
- Builds and manages effective internal relationships within the Retail Store Operations, Merchandising/Planning, and cross functional departments. Ensures product and store allocations provides a cohesive strategy and brand experience.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with broader cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, and Field Supporting functions) to drive operational improvements that create growth in the Retail Outlets P&L.
- Works with Director of Store Operations and the Real Estate teams to plan for and execute store Openings, Closing, and Relocations.
- Achieves operation excellence through timely monitoring of reports to meet or exceed financial objectives with regards to expense control, store profit, and sales/traffic growth.
- Influences while facilitating a team environment to meet region and/or company objectives.
- Creates and communicates relevant and effective presentations for executive strategy updates and team meetings.
- Participates in meetings with supervisor, merchandisers, cross-functional teams, and department heads; directs and coordinates activities within department for which responsibility is delegated for further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews processes with a view toward continuous improvement in processes, and services.
- Remains effective in a changing environment and manages change. Adjusts priorities to meet goals and commitments, ensures continued alignment across the business process, and responds effectively to constantly changing demands.
- Anticipates opportunities/risks and develops effective responses and action plans.
- Communicate and align business strategies to core operational priorities.
- Identify trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive store operations and sales.
- Continuously improve operational performance in the business while considering consistency in operational processes and the needs of each store format.
- Influences productivity and cost saving opportunities in all operational areas.
- Identifies cost efficiencies within the business, and implement process improvements.
- Establish ongoing routines to ensure operational priorities and procedural changes are communicated, understood, and executed consistently.
- Creates training and reinforces service and sales training to the store managers and field management teams.
- Ensures effective monitoring is in place to track compliance of policies and procedures.
- Facilitates problem resolution on issues related to facilities, maintenance, transactions, risk management, transportation/logistics, etc.
- Four-year college degree, with major in marketing, statistics or business preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in retail management with general knowledge of P&L’s and proven experience driving sales growth. A high level of proficiency with all pertinent PC software is required; fluent in Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint and current Internet browsing software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, both for internal presentations and clearly written documentation. Strong analytical and financial skills are required for high level accurate analysis and reporting of results.
- Drives collaborative teamwork within internal and cross functional acumens; ability to lead strategic and business planning for Digital Operations and the B2C team, identifying new opportunities to build and enhance relationships with customers to improve sales and profits.
- Strong ability to analyze data, develop meaningful action plans, and clearly communicate to management is required.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: