Supervises and directs the activities of the Respiratory Care Department under the direction of the Director and the Medical Director.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Monitors the annual department operating and capital budgets
- Supervises daily operations of assigned departments
- Supervises staff
- Assists in selection of personnel for hire and promotion
- Takes appropriate actions regarding counseling, disciplinary actions, demotion and termination
- Assists in evaluating staff performance
- Administers medication and treatments
- Performs quality control on all respiratory equipment
- Assists in training/orientation of students or new employees
Required: Graduate of an AMA accredited respiratory care program. Associates in respiratory care or health science
Preferred: Bachelors in Health Care Management
Required: 2 years respiratory care;
Preferred: 1 year supervisory experience preferred
Required: RCP or equivalent State licensure; RRT, ACLS, PALS, and NRP
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.