At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: This position is primarily responsible for overseeing all sales personnel and implements day-to-day selling strategies with New Home Counselors. Assists in new product design.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Staffs communities with best quality sales team possible; interviews, hires and trains staff and subsequently reviews community and salespersons’ performance.
- Regularly visit communities in the field to work with sales team providing intensive and on-going coaching, training and feedback. Inspect the sales office and communities for improvement opportunities.
- Manages sales effort to meet/exceed business plan.
- Tours Beazer and competition’s subdivisions; views new projects and product lines.
- Develops and implements sales strategies and sets/updates pricing to be competitive in market.
- Conducts sales meetings and instructs staff.
- Ensures sales are at highest absorption while maintaining profits.
- Monitors lot mix, phasing, new starts, lot premiums, specifications and promotions.
- Coordinates with various departments as needed.
- Clarifies policy questions and resolves customer issues/problems.
- Reviews reports, forecasts and contracts on periodic basis.
- Reviews advertising strategy and provides input to Sales Dept Head and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
- Sales Dept Head has overall responsibility for Sales Department; Mgr Sales may supervise all or portion of sales staff and may be asked to assist with all duties described above.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to inspire and grow sales teams through coaching and productive feedback.
- Possess and exercise mature judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum software skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Work in typical office environment.
- Position requires driving to construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company’s sole discretion.