From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Manager, Sales Operations, Planning & Analysis will be responsible for maintaining the data and creating and refining the reports and analyses necessary to successfully forecast, track and manage sales.
- Lead process with the sales team to generate seasonal sales forecast and ensure that it is updated each period.
- Review sales forecast and determine opportunities/next steps to achieve goals.
- Organize and run seasonal formal review meetings with top account owners to review and align on the seasonal plans for those accounts.
- Partner with the head of sales to hold accountabilities to managers and sales reps on forecasts.
- Consolidate all booking information and create booking analyses – by account, season, territory, category and key franchises and programs.
- Compare actual bookings to forecast and create reports to identify variances.
- Partner with head of sales on potential mitigation plans.
- Consolidate all shipping information and create shipping forecasts and reports.
- Partner on closeout identification with demand planning and work with sales team on opportunities to sell them.
- Responsible for vetting new business opportunities and presenting to finance for approval.
- Lead long range account planning and ensure it links to financial goals.
- Provide historical selling analysis and reports.
- Provide bulk analysis and ensure adherence to policy; partner with sales team on bulk utilization real time.
- Provide recommendations on returns and cancels with potential mitigation solutions.
- Calculate sales rep bonus and quotas.
- Liaise with Richmond Customer Service.
- Ensure data ties across all functional areas.
- Manage Sr. Sales Planning Analyst.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent• 5+ years’ experience in a retail/wholesale environment• Ability to analyze trends, spot opportunities and make recommendations by looking beyond the numbers• Ability to work independently as well as lead a team• Ability to successfully work cross-functionally• Excellent analytical, math and organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills• Ability to document facts in an easily understood format and present them clearly• Must be conscientious and pay close attention to details and accuracy• Strong knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft products, especially excel) is required• Must be creative and highly intuitive about how to get at data and be able to assess whether it is producing logical information• Ability to root-cause problem solve and assess underlying issues• Ability to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced atmosphere with tight deadlines and effectively and accurately complete detail-oriented assignments while working on several projects simultaneously• Must be collaborative and able to build successful relationships across the business, especially the sales team
WORKING CONDITIONSNormal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).