Ensures sales tax compliance by reviewing state and local sales/use tax returns, approving sales/use tax rates/bases and taxability matrices. Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and determination of sales/use tax application by reviewing sales/use tax loss contingency, contracts, expenses, asset acquisitions and taxability associated with product sales.
1. Responsible for the supervision of direct reports including staffing, goal setting, training, development, performance assessment, and disciplinary actions.
2. Reviews monthly sales/use tax returns, ensuring compliance and accuracy.
3. Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and maintenance.
4. Reviews contracts and other transactions/acquisitions for sales/use tax implications.
5. Prepares annual budget for sales, use and B&O tax.
6. Supports corporate initiatives impacting the sales/use tax applications and processes.
7. Manages sales tax collection process by reviewing and approving retail product taxability assignments and sales tax exemption certificate compliance.
8. Reviews budgets ensuring inclusion of adequate sales/use tax provisions and sales/use tax application preparedness.
9. Manages sales/use tax audits, including the review of schedules presented by auditors ensuring accurate & fair adjustments.
10. Approves sales & use tax rate/base modifications through sales tax calculation application.
11. Manages sales tax exemption certificate acceptance and process.
1. Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting required.
2. Three to four years of corporate accounting required.
3. Five to seven years of in-depth multi-jurisdictional sales/use tax experience required.
4. Experience with SAP General Ledger and related financial modules preferred.
5. Vertex OSeries & STR sales and use tax application experience preferred.
6. Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills required.
7. Strong application of mathematical concepts required.
8. Experience leader and/or active participant in cross-functional team projects and continuously improving complicated tax processes required.
9. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel and database science required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Retail Store Manager / Supervisor