Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Want to know about our culture and benefits? Click here to find out more: https://uphtotalrewards.com/.
Manager, Security & Valet
Regional - Methodist, Proctor, & Pekin Campuses
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction with regard to the Environment of Care (EOC), Workplace Public Safety, Security Services, Valet Services, and Parking Services. Responsibilities include strategic planning, program development, fiscal management, supervision of daily operations, applicable information systems and technology, and safety training and development initiatives. This applies across the following departments and programs working in partnership with other UnityPoint Health entities to implement, facilitate, and promote safer work practices and effective operations:
· Overall supervision of the operational aspects of Public Safety / Security Services, Parking Services, Valet Services, and Shuttle Services.
· Provides hands-on leadership to support patient, visitors, staff, and provider public safety efforts.
· Communicates with hospital senior leadership regarding events and risk.
· Advocates for a positive public safety culture and FOCUS values.
· Supports systems to recognize and detect safety and security concerns, including supervision of complex investigations.
· Serves as the point person and key public safety leader.
· Access to confidential information such as patient safety incidents, employee relations matters, root cause analysis, and other protected or confidential information requiring safeguarding.
Leadership, Team Building, & Personnel Management
· Coaches, encourages, teaches, hires, fires, discipline and mentors supervisors, leads, coordinators, and staff to achieve superior team results.
· Constructs organization-wide and targeted employee training and development programs to foster a culture focused on safety, preparedness, and emergency response.
· Ensures competent, motivated, and productive personnel; enables professional growth, job satisfaction, job advancement, and management development.
· Champions diversity by demonstrating respect, promoting learning, understanding, and supporting diversity in team building and customer interactions.
Strategic Planning & Financial Management
· Participates and provides leadership to UnityPoint Health system workgroups for all affiliates.
· Develops organization-wide strategies to best facilitate, promote, and ensure compliance with environmental and occupational health and safety programs, accreditation, and regulations.
· Creates, reviews, and manages safety and security service contracts and parking leases.
· Administers and maintains department operational, capital, and FTE budgets.
· Problem-solves, monitors, and supports best practices to appropriately utilize allocated funds and return on investment.
Community & External Relations
· Periodically meets with local officials and public safety executives to foster safety at UnityPoint Health –Methodist, Proctor & Pekin and throughout the greater community including areas in which clinics are located.
· Represents UnityPoint Health – Methodist, Proctor & Pekin at local, regional, and state level committees and presentations relating to public safety, security, and emergency management.
· Champions partnerships with local stakeholders that further support patient, staff, and provider safety.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Applicable bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
· 1-3 years of Supervisory/Management experience.
· 5+ years of Public Service, Workplace Safety, Law Enforcement, Security, or Emergency Management experience.
· Familiarity with healthcare or other complex industries.
· Valid driver’s license
Certifications within 90 Days of hire:
· Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Certification
· JPX Certification
Prefer one of following certifications or an equivalent:
· Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA).
· Certified Hospital Emergency
· Coordinator (CHEC).
Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP).
· IAHSS Certified Healthcare Security Manager
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent problem-solving aptitude.
· Ability to develop and implement successful safety programs.
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Ability to manage complex financial budgets.
· Communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
· Advanced training, research, or specialist knowledge in workplace health and safety, security, or emergency management.
· Knowledge of successful parking systems.
· Knowledge of Environment of Care accreditation programs.
Knowledge of regulation and law pertaining to health & safety, emergency management, and security.