Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Manager/Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in Las Cruces, New Mexico. He/she will manage operations, projects and lead teams in Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico, to provide civil/geotechnical engineering services for civil engineering, transportation, water/wastewater projects.
Successfully grow and manage the performance of the Las Cruces Office. Oversee the development and monitoring of financial plans, provide strategic direction for the business, health and safety functions with corporate personnel, and provide leadership in business development efforts. Position will include execution of project-related work, as well as business management and development responsibilities. Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review, and quality assurance of work products developed by the technical staff. It will be essential to interact routinely and openly with other Wood Managers across the Western US as well as National Sector Leads.
- Will provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects, primarily focused Public civil works projects
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Capable of functioning independently on office-specific issues and with minimal management engagement, oversight, and/or approval
- Conducts marketing presentations and serves as a visionary leader for growth and development, identification of key clients and targets
- Actively involved in marketing and business development for the Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico Market; Participates in local professional organizations
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 15 years + experience in geotechnical/civil investigation and design
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong technical experience, strong project management experience and good client relationships.
- Understands federal, state, commercial and municipal markets with demonstrated skill in marketing and proposal development
- Possesses and demonstrates an enthusiasm to develop client and strategic teaming relationships through regular personal contact
- Proven supervisory skills and a leadership style that promotes participatory management technique teamwork, innovation and results
- Must be capable of functioning independently on office-specific issues and business development with minimal management approval
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in New Mexico; In addition, a Texas PE would also be plus, but is not required
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.