Overview and Responsibilities
The MTV, VH1 & CMT team is seeking a Manager to join the award-winning team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around their biggest events including the MTV Video Music Awards and Movie & TV Awards. Working under the guidance of Directors on this digital team, this role manages content strategy and content production for smaller-scale specials, and assists with aspects of planning and executing larger tentpole projects - this includes management of social accounts, web and content distribution. They have a hand in creative ideation, content conception, development, production and distribution. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Project Management, Design, Integrated Marketing, Communications, and Video Production.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporating social plans into overall briefs and documentation
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Generate sponsor and branded content opportunities, working with Integrated Marketing reps to develop and execute
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on social media accounts.
- Maintaining quality content and presentation on web sites and social accounts relevant to their projects
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
- Minimum 3 years in a digital content, marketing or social media-based role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented and a creative thinker
- Passion for MTV, VH1 and CMT brands and deep knowledge of pop culture, movies and music
- Experience producing and creating content for various platforms
- Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice
- Command of social media best practices
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Keynote/Powerpoint, HTML editing tools, video editing, and content management systems
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, HTML, XML, Flash, Adobe and other common web-publishing technologies a plus.