Develops and monitors the social services programs for the CSA. Establishes and maintains, standards, quality levels, cost effective, and customer focused services. Establishes interfaces with community services.
- Plans, develops, implements and maintains social services policies and procedures, delivery of social work programs, and discharge planning services.
- Oversees social services case management activities.
- Manages staff activities, ensures their competencies, and develops/presents inservices.
- Recommends, develops, and implements new programs enhancing services to specialized patient populations and reducing hospital and office visit utilization.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost reduction and improved services.
- Identifies community resources for our members.
- Collaborates with community organizations in developing new programs or enhancing current community services which are available to Kaiser members.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the quality assurance of the social services programs and staff.
- Identifies issues which interfere with the delivery of services and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Collaborates with medical center departments, community agencies and health plan members on matters related to discharge planning and ensures that services are provided in an integrated fashion.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience and field medical social work.
- Master's degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker license in the State of California by the Board of Behavioral Sciences by date of hire.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI by date of hire.
- Additional Requirements:
- Sound knowledge of fiscal management theories and principles.
- Knowledge of different levels of health care; understanding of human development and psychodynamic theories.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Preferred Qualifications: