Job Location: Greenville, SC Alternate Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
Software Engineering Services’ Client Specific Program team is looking for a full-time software development engineering manager to manage and oversee the coordination, planning, design, development, testing, implementation and support of 65+ RAD (regional application development) applications across 10+ lines of business. The successful candidate will perform a variety of technology project and program management functions for the RAD organization. Projects and Programs are varied in size, nature, complexity, and often involve coordination and oversight of resources across product areas, application teams, and partner organizations.
• Oversee a team focused on delivering small, medium, and large-scale projects and/or programs across both Full-Time Employee (FTE) and Vendor resources.
• Creates and administers project and/or program plan and determines scope and deliverables, identifying resources needed, assembles project/program teams, and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Oversees and recommends options for one or more highly complex enterprise wide portfolios consisting of multiple tasks and deliverables.
• Gathers, synthesizes, aggregates, and presents requested information to establish standards and report discrepancies.
• Responsible for end-to-end application development from intake, ideation, requirements, design, development, testing/QA, implementation and handover to application maintenance support teams for go-forward support
• Deliver numerous customer-facing requests on-time, at or under budget, and responsible for creating standards around reporting and budget reconciliation
• Provide on-going support for all Client Specific requests including project and enhancement work and ad-hoc maintenance requests.
• Adhere to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and MetLife Change Management standards
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years in Information Technology (IT)
- 5+ years leading medium to large projects/programs with well-rounded knowledge of practices, principals and, concepts and methodologies
- Experience working in Waterfall and Agile/DevOps environment
- Cultivate talent and provide SMART goals for the team
- Technology generalist with a good understanding of the following: Mainframe, Cobol, DB2, Java, and other distributed technologies
- Excellent communication skills including leadership, stakeholder management and leading meetings/presentations
- Insurance industry experience
- PMP or similar
- Experience managing teams of direct reports and/or managing vendor resources
- Strong financial acumen
Regional Application Development – RAD US
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109680