Manager, Software Engineering (Ad Server Team)
A content technology platform, Nativo helps advertisers create meaningful brand connections with consumers and empowers publishers with breakthrough monetization solutions. We’re preparing the world for the age of content, where digital advertising is becomes a seamless, authentic, and helpful consumer experience.
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience as a Manager, Software Engineering. This role will be working on Nativo’s ad server and exchange (RTB) systems. This position presents many technical challenges to solve in the areas of high scalability and high availability architecture, distributed web server systems, extremely low latency web servers, etc.
What you'll do:
- Mentors and manages a team of 4+ engineers
- Manage code reviews, sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Work in an agile environment with two-week sprints
- Work with the product team and stakeholders to build the best possible product
- Focus on leading design and improvements of Nativo’s Ad Server & RTB Exchange built for high availability and high performance
- Work on a native advertising platform that integrates multiple 3rd party ad servers and data providers
- Work with Nativo’s big data engineering team to integrate data onto our big data infrastructure
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong, disciplined skills in Java (at least 10 years of experience)
- Experience with high throughput, low latency web server-based products
- Experience with distributed (cross data centers) web applications (large scale distributed data stores, data replications, etc.)
- Experience managing teams (at least 3 years)
- Experience in advertising technologies is a must
- Experience with Real Time Bidding (RTB)/SSP is a plus
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to utilize team strengths to execute with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo empowers brands and publishers with the world’s most advanced platform for content.
For brands, Nativo enables storytelling at scale with the largest native reach and reveals insights that unlock return-on-content. For publishers, Nativo enriches monetization with the most comprehensive platform for next-generation ad formats and breakthrough technology for accelerated webpages. Nativo’s mission is to equip advertising for the age of content, improving the web experience and creating meaningful connections for today’s digital consumer.
From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
For information on what personal information Nativo collects and how we use it, please see our CCPA privacy notice: https://nativo1.box.com/s/a0j9eonmrveq3ot6mgldvy3jm4f0msu4