As a Software Engineering Manager (Machine Learning Engineering) you will build machine learning and experimentation platforms and services for zulily. You will lead a development team that is responsible for delivering personalized recommendations and bringing in marketing and merchandizing efficiencies. The successful candidate will have influence over the vision, features, and design of the critical ML models used to drive the business. You will own all phases of development lifecycle from gathering business requirements, design and modeling, development, deployment, and support. You are responsible for all thing people on your team – hiring and developing a high performing team of software engineers. You will lead and manage all aspects of product management lifecycle from strategy through delivery and measurement and drive innovation in the Machine Learning Services space within an agile environment.
• 7+ years’ experience in building services at scale.
• 5+ years’ experience in managing high performing software engineers.
• 3+ years’ experience working with ML and Data Science technologies.
• Strong software and data structure design, development and architecture experience.
• Proven history of working in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment.
• Ability to lead influence others and find creative solutions and move quickly to deliver them.
• Bias towards collaboration with team members throughout the process and consult with other project teams.
• Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of project.
• Exceptional communication skills and desire to educate others about our ML models.
Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience, Master’s Degree preferred.