At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Solutions Architecture team is looking for a Manager to join us in Dallas, TX to focus on leading technology presales specialists. In this role, you will build our North America (NA) Telco Technology Office (TTO). You will lead a team of technical presales experts responsible for supporting field sales teams covering key service provider and ecosystem partner accounts across NA. You will guide this team in positioning Red Hat's solutions and services to customers and partners. You’ll collaborate with sales management and the Consulting, Business Unit (BU), and Support teams to meet company-outlined sales objectives and assist your team in developing and delivering business-facing messaging on technical subjects. As a Manager, you will travel to coach employees, meet customers, and participate in account planning. You’ll report to the Solutions Architecture Leader for NA Telco.
Primary job responsibilities
- Oversee hiring and career development for a team of solutions architects
- Qualify, prioritize, manage, and track the Tiger team engagement requests
- Build the team's technical expertise in Red Hat's emerging technology, complementary, and competing technology and telco industry use cases
- Collaborate with the NA Telco leadership team on customer engagement strategies
- Build and monitor TTO engagement processes to manage requests and opportunities
- Work with team to develop content, demos, and best practices to showcase the value of our technology
- Work with the BUs to provide feedback on Red Hat's solutions and customer priorities
- 7+ years of technical experience including enterprise IT architecture or development
- Leadership experience with demonstrated results
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent technical training or experience
- Detailed knowledge of Red Hat's technology and the marketspace we occupy
- Excellent consultative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to work on your own in a fast-growing environment
- Knowledge of the telco industry, trends, and key use cases
- Willingness to travel 50-75%
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.