Full time, year round position, pay is dependent on skill set and experience.
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Director, to provide quality food and beverage service to guests of the Steak Pit restaurant, while continuously striving to increase revenues and decrease costs.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
- Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
- Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Maintains daily records including revenues and payroll and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements.
- Completes nightly reports.
- Reviews daily sales.
- Adjusts scheduling according to labor and sales figures.
- Ensures all guest needs are met during the course of the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience.
- Handles guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
- Rewards and disciplines as merited by employee performance.
- Assigns, oversees and evaluates employee work performance.
- Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluation.
- Provides directional flow of restaurant during service and plans, supervises all work done by dining room employees.
- Travel: Occasional trips to Salt Lake Valley.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in related field.
- Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements.
- This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage and disposal of sensitive information.
- Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including excellent guest service, listening and oral communication skills and conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to learn menus and wine lists and display extensive knowledge in wine.
- Proficiency in handling large sums of money.
- Must direct staff activities and address guest issues while maintaining professional attitude.
Administrative Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, including the safe and secure handling and maintenance of personal, financial and credit card information of guest/customers.
- Requires judgment within policy guidelines and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Understanding of other Snowbird operations is essential.
- Shifts vary, primarily PM shifts into the late evening.
- Weekends and holidays required, depending on business levels.
Mental Work Conditions
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
Physical Work Conditions
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.