DescriptionThis isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a member of the Strategic Communications team, the Manager of Strategic Communications will support the development and execution of integrated communications for UnitedHealth Group federal and state government affairs, public policy advocacy, social responsibility (United Health Foundation), thought leadership and visibility efforts. Based in Washington, D.C., the manager will report directly to the Vice President of Strategic Communications and partner with the Corporate Affairs, External Affairs and UnitedHealth Foundation teams, as well as UnitedHealthcare and Optum businesses.
- Working across UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare and Optum position the Enterprise as a leading voice in modernizing the health care system while expanding access to coverage, lowering health care costs, and providing quality outcomes that will lead to an improved consumer experience.
- Developing plans and creating/leveraging opportunities to communicate with key stakeholders in Washington, D.C., and across the country, including policy makers, influencers and news media.
- Developing content, messaging and communications products, including written testimonies, speeches, press releases, talking points, Q&As, backgrounders, collateral and digital content
- Working with colleagues in External Affairs, Media Relations, Digital Communications, Internal Communications and Marketing to execute integrated strategies that advance UnitedHealth Group’s priorities and objectives
- Supporting the operations of the Strategic Communications team, including reporting, analytics, tracking, project management, research and other activities to ensure team alignment and productivity
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or other relevant field
- 3+ years of experience, working with at least one of the following functional business areas: Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, and/ or Issues Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with a portfolio of recent writing samples across various communications channels
- Experience working in a fast paced collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders and dynamic priorities
- Demonstrated record of working across multiple organizations to achieve shared objectives and deliver measurable results
- Knowledge of health care issues, including health care reform, public programs like Medicare and Medicaid, health information technology, population health management, and/ or military and veteran’s health care
Job Keywords: Communications, Strategic, Healthcare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Washington, DC