Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Ferring employs approximately 6,500 people worldwide, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. Learn more at www.ferring.com and @Ferring, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.Rebiotix Inc, part of the Ferring Pharmaceuticals Group, is a late-stage clinical microbiome company focused on harnessing the power of the human microbiome to revolutionize the treatment of debilitating diseases. Located in Roseville, Minnesota, our goal is to improve the lives of patients and reduce the cost of care associated with complex diseases through our innovative microbiota-based MRT™ drug platform. We are a passionate team of scientists, engineers, and clinical researchers motivated by the opportunity to blaze new trails and create new technologies for today’s medical needs. We are looking for like-minded get-it-done individuals to add to our growing team.
Our drive to find patient solutions amplifies the core value of our parent company, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, through the Ferring Philosophy: People Come First at Ferring. This philosophy has inspired Ferring’s approach to relationships with patients, physicians, employees and other stakeholders. Ferring is a globally recognized research-driven biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of innovation in the medical arena. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is a privately-owned company with locations in over 60 countries with a global employee base of approximately 6,500 employees in the fields of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, orthopedics and oncology. We are the largest and most clinically advanced microbiome company worldwide.
Lead and direct the plans and activities of the Supply Chain Department. Directs overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods. Oversee the long-term planning, development of the team as well as the daily activities of the department ensuring safe and compliant operations which adhere to budget, schedule, cGMP and other regulatory standards as needed.
- Managing all aspects of supply chain including purchasing and shipping including sourcing raw materials and production supplies;
- Achieving operational goals related to materials management in direct compliance with regulatory, procedural and quality system requirements as well as contributing heavily in continuous improvement objectives.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Create sourcing strategies to support future growth, demand and risk mitigation.
- Manage all purchasing, warehousing activities, receiving, shipping, storage and inventory control while adhering to cGMP regulations. Develop KPI (Key Performance Indicator) to monitor performance
- Manage vendor oversight, relationships and selection related to supplies and raw materials. Work closely with the engineering and production teams to clearly understand technical
- requirements and sensitivities as they relate to manufacturing.
- identifying and mitigating areas of risk with supplier and vendors
- Develop and execute plans to improve quality, throughput, supply security/continuity, price,
- and reduce lead times that will allow us to serve our customers.
- Develop suppliers and contractors to ensure they can meet supply and quality requirements. Develop and implement comprehensive supplier quality scorecard / measurement process to ensure suppliers are meeting or exceeding expectations
- Works closely with R&D to source new materials for future and current projects.
- Participate in the implementation of planning and Warehouse Management Software solution into facility. Identify potential issues and develop solutions, present recommendations to management. Become the SME, Subject Matter Expert for Technical Operations for the system.
- Manage warehousing as well as inbound and out bound logistics to third party distribution center.
- Oversee shipping & receiving for tech ops.
- Develop a working knowledge of Rebiotix’s products and processes to ensure optimal production planning stability, scheduling, work center load levelling, etc.
- Creates a finite production and material purchasing schedule that optimizes the utilization of production resources while satisfying customer demands and adhering to company inventory policies for finish goods, actives as well as all components
- Participate in the implementation of Oracle planning and Warehouse Management Software solution into the new manufacturing facility. Identify potential issues and develop solutions, present recommendations to management. Become the Oracle SME, Subject Matter Expert for Technical Operations,
- Build a collaborative relationship with personnel in Rebiotix, Parsippany (Ferring US) and Global Planning (Ferring Switzerland) in support of shipping & production requirements.
- Degree I Logistics / Supply chain / Engineering or equivalent education.
- 5- 7 years of experience in a managerial / superior position in supply chain
- Working knowledge of FDA cGMP regulations specifically as they apply to warehouse
- Understanding of ERP systems from a global supply chain view.
- Experience in ERP ( SAP or Oracle) is required
- Experience with FDA audits and cGMP is required.
- Experience in warehousing, shipping, receiving in a pharmaceutical environment is required.