Manager, Supply Chain The Supply Chain Manager has direct responsibility for driving cost savings through oversight and management including planning, controlling and coordinating all aspects of the supply chain to include demand planning, purchasing of materials, production scheduling, inventory management, warehousing, transportation, and logistics. Develops and implements supply chain strategies and processes for efficient material operations. Establishes priorities, and supervises personnel activities to ensure achievement of customer and business commitments.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Manages, controls, and directs the activities of all personnel engaged in site materials support (i.e. Purchasing, Scheduling, Warehouse, Inventory Control, Logistics, Shipping and Receiving) that contribute positively to customer satisfaction. This includes but is not limited to developing, implementing and managing policies and procedures necessary to ensure adequate controls are in place for the effective execution of purchasing and scheduling within the site.
- Develops, implements and manages policies necessary to ensure world-class inventory control and shipping functions. Partners with Finance and Accounting to ensure cycle counts are maintained and reported in accordance with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Ensures that the Company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all supply chain department functions.
- Ensures the materials teams are educated to the applicable elements of their respective customer’s contract and are compliant with respect to those elements. This includes ensuring the respective material teams are adequately adhering to all elements related to Benchmark liability management to include reporting and resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and customer flow-downs.
- Accountable for adherence to supply chain and cost reduction targets, overseeing demand planning activities; monitoring progress, increasing supply dependability and flexibility, reviewing schedule and resolving cross departmental problems.
- Works directly with customers to gain an understanding of their system and how Benchmark and the customer’s processes interact.
- Monitors and reports on revenue and inventory plans, identify issues and recommend solutions and/or take action as appropriate for assigned business units.
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the site. Confers with requesting parties when specific sources are requested. Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages regardless of cause.
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors. Keeps informed on legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Develops, establish, and provides for the maintenance of all data and parameters that relate to the materials function.
- Maintains understanding of financial metrics, especially the impact of parts contribution, materials overhead, inventory levels and their impact to Benchmark financial performance.
- Collaborates with site and regional management to ensure financial objectives and other metrics are adequately managed and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges and maximizing inventory turnover.
- Monitors and reports on current and projected inventory levels at both the component and assembly level and generate action plans to ensure that site inventory goals are achieved.
- Tracks and reports on residual inventory and drive disposition through the customer focus team.
- When required, supervises the annual physical inventory including valuation of the year-end physical inventory.
- Monitors capacity planning requirements and recommend solutions and/or take action, as appropriate
- Oversees and ensure proper production control planning and scheduling to meet sales forecasts and to balance the level of material, manpower and machine requirements in line with committed delivery schedules to customers.
- Investigates and follow up of deviations to the production schedule.
- Recommends improvements and implement recommendations for improvements to the extended supply chain process in order to gain efficiencies in both Benchmark’s processes and the customer’s processes
- Establishes key programs or projects that target specific improvement opportunities to reduce costs and lead times, resolve quality issues, or increase supply dependability and flexibility. Ensure achievement of planned results.
- Responsible to develop high performance teams including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning and assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Accountable to execute on staff development, with a focus on evaluating potential, driving successions planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Provides customer support to sales group by representing materials in sales presentations and periodic customer meetings and interactions, including but not limited to potential customer visits, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Education / Experience
Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) years in a leadership role
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a Graduate degree is preferred