The Manager, Sanitization is responsible for planning, budgeting, directing, coordinating and controlling sanitization and production processes. These responsibilities are achieved through the activities of production supervisors, direct interaction among employees and coordination of support services and other operating departments. Dynamic collaboration with other department managers and operating groups will be integral for success. This position is directly responsible for cross-functional training and utilization of human and equipment resources. This position implements and promotes a culture of safety, waste reduction, continuous improvement, and a sanitary and organized work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
· Lead day to day and seasonal work force to deliver aggressive performance targets.
· Increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs and improve quality through continuous improvement initiatives.
· Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets standards as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance and industry best- practices
· Manages annual sanitation plan, budget forecast and performance
· Responsible for responding to CAPAs in a timely and efficient matter utilizing root cause analysis skills ensuring preventative actions
· Develop and execute production demand plans and schedules.
· Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and legislation to ensure regulatory compliance.
· Develop and document production processes and procedures. Assure quality standards are met.
· Assure accuracy with inventory records and production documentation.
· Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
· Hire, manage, coach and mentor the Sanitization staff.
· Champion safety for the department while influencing facility safety performance.
· Other job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Food Technology, or a related field, or equivalent related experience. Or equivalent years of experience.
· Minimum of 4 year's related experience in a production environment, food preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment
· 2 years of management experience required.
· Must have working knowledge of H.A.C.C.P., H.A.R.P.C. G.M.P.'S, Kosher Certification, or Organic Certification.
· Knowledge of GFSI certification criteria.
· Knowledge of FSMA requirements
· Experience handling sanitation chemicals
· Bilingual skills (Eng/Spanish) preferred
· Strong organizational, planning, process improvement and prioritization skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
· Technically oriented, comfortable around machinery and food preparation environment.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to work with people of different experiences and educational backgrounds.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during peak season demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled