The primary role of the Senior Manager (Technology Sales Support) is to direct the activities of the Technology Sales Support Representatives, and to proactively engage with various cross-functional business areas within BSD to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction and company profitability.
Key functionality of this position will initially be a high degree of research of operational and support process and determination of best-practices. The individual must be comfortable onboarding management of current support functions while engaging in process improvement efforts. A self-driven and proactive ownership approach to problem-solving will be necessary while also being adaptable to shifting sales needs in an agile and fast-paced environment.
The role may require occasional communication with customer end-users. The candidate will be highly skilled in the customer relationship process and carry an aptitude to learn and implement new technology-related tools into their worksteam. Frequent written/verbal communication with senior leadership is expected.
1. Partner with current technology sales support personnel to ensure smooth and optimal transition of workloads and support processes.
2. Supervise, coordinate, direct and monitor staff activities to ensure prompt, courteous and accurate responses are provided to internal and external customers. Ensure operational measurements and functional service level agreements are met.
3. Monitor efficiency and quality efforts of personnel and provide training and coaching support. Conduct associate performance planning and review ongoing performance discussions and compensation.
4. Prioritize and assign work to employees and initiate corrective measures to resolve problems including scheduling or adjusting overtime as necessary.
5. Research and resolve complex internal and external customer relations inquiries and pre/post order necessities and establish a clean and compelling rationale for conflict resolution.
6. Recommend and implement quality service strategies to improve operations and customer satisfaction. Communicate the strategic advisement to senior leadership on a regulated basis.
7. Authorize returns, pricing adjustments, transportation credits, allowances and other miscellaneous credits for exception cases. May trace orders and track backorders.
8. Responsible for demonstrating a commitment to total quality and the process of continuous improvement, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers and being open and responsive to change.
9. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary by management and senior leadership.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Customer Support, Relations, Business and/or Project Management
Years of Experience: Minimum 3 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Customer Service (and/or) Sales Support/Operations; knowledge/experience with technology reseller sales preferred
Skills and Ability: * strong verbal / written communication skills
* strong interpersonal skills and leadership focus
* multi-tasking with analytical & problem-solving approach
* customer-focused with team-building skills
* organizational and project management
(People Soft, etc.)
* MS Office, Salesforce, experience with proprietary Office Depot systems preferred (AOPS, RMS, Vendavo, GMIL, etc)
Personal Attributes: * responds well to fast-paced deadlines
* high degree of focus and self-discipline
* comfortable communicating with senior leadership
* strong desire for development of team skillset
Other/Preferred: This role reports to the Lead Sales Operations Consultant within BSD Technology Sales. The position must 'hit the ground running' and be capable of quickly adopting processes and adapting in agile fashion if/as necessary.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction recordsCity & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance