Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: West Allis, WI, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: West Allis, Wisconsin (US-WI)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Position Title: Manager, Technical Learning, AME
Reports To: Vice President, Parts, AME
The Manager, Technical Learning will be responsible for providing the technical training and assessments needed for the technical development of Konecranes personnel as well as Konecranes customers. The Manager, Technical Learning will lead the Technical Learning team in Region Americas to develop and deliver the training and assessments identified by the Director, Learning & Development in conjunction with the Business Management to fulfill those needs.
The Manager, Technical Training position will be a member of the Service Supply team and is required to work with the Service Organization inclusively to deliver the technical training programs aligned with the overall goals and objectives.
- Oversee the development of technical training/learning material, especially for content based on regional/local needs delivered through a multi-faceted approach to learning, including on-site, digital, on the job, mentoring and partner/buddy learning
- Manage and oversee the daily activities of technical trainers.
- Align, manage and oversee learning centers based on agreed standards
- Review existing technical training programs; suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of field operatives, customers and the Service organization; ensure training material is technically and methodically updated
- Ensure that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective
- Maintain knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to Konecranes, our industry and the manufacturing and industrial service industries.
- Encourage self-organized learning, independence and active participation of the participants
- Coordinates program of practical competence assessments
- Identify problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve
- Coordinate with global Technical Training organization to align initiatives and standards for technical training including, standards for classrooms and labs, learning methodology, etc.
- Conduct or facilitate required and recommended training sessions to Konecranes field operatives as well as customers
- Ensure that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget
- Support Konecranes Regional Business Units in developing the technical training business with customers
- Ensures competencies of Technical Learning team to ensure that all members can:
- Utilize all appropriate methods to navigate learning experiences into competencies
- Knows the balance between actively sharing content and stepping back to give participants space for self-exploration
- Acts not as a preceptor but a guide for learning processes
- Assign appropriate tasks to the learners and then leaves them for further activities.
- Observe the participants, advise on request (or because it makes sense in the situation), and further supports, needed
- Encourages sharing of knowledge and collaboration between participants
- Reviews learning outcomes
- Ensures learning yields and discusses further learning goals and learning steps
Skills / Experience:
- At least 3+ years of experience in training with one (1+) year of supervisory experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of learning facilitation and related methodology, tools and techniques
- Ability to moderate large groups
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Works in a safe manner and promotes safety with an ability to train and identify safety related tasks and aspects for learning facilitation
- Ability to effectively scope, plan and engage colleagues on projects, manage to a comprehensive project plan, ensuring it describes all tasks, deliverables, dates and roles
- Must be able to satisfy Physical Requirements of a Field Operative at least an occasional basis
- Must know how to use methodological/didactical tool set in order to meet needs of the target group
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Communications or a related technical field required. Equivalent work experience may be considered
*KC #MONUS #CBUS #NXT
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Donation-Matching Program
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Stock Options
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
119,262 - 131,428 /yearWhat is this?
Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager