Success starts with having the right people. At J2, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. We promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success through high levels of collaboration. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
As a leading services provider, J2 lifts the burden of paperwork transport and empowers our customers from around the world to focus on what is important to their business. Our global solutions deliver secure content quickly and efficiently to thousands of individual and professional consumers around the world. It's an amazing time to join the J2 Fax Division family as we shape the future of secure documentation platform agnostic of entry and delivery points. j2 is the perfect place for talented and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic, global company to get things done!
Top Reasons to Join Us
- Revolutionizing the cloud faxing industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
- Be a part of maturing a PMO, give input to our Agile implementation practices
- Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
- Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
- Enjoy fun office environments in the heart of Hollywood
Who You Are
You are an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful Manager of Technical Project Management with the relevant skills & IT experience. Someone who is innovative and believes project managers are the leaders of their teams. You believe in the power of data to look for project trends in order to further improvements and isn’t afraid to voice your opinion.
Our ideal candidate is a project management guru with Agile experience. Someone who believes in the philosophy project managers are the leaders of the project and not coordinators. You see the big picture, you proactively recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools, and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcomes is far more important than your obsession with process and status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. You know how to build relationships and navigate the organization in order to get the job done. People love working with you because you care, you are passionate, and you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the J2 Head of Project Management (fax division), you will be instrumental in turning our technical complex projects into a success focusing on efficiency and pace, while being attentive to creating a collaborative, motivated project environment.
- Responsible for the project ETE lifecycle working in the Agile methodology, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap and owning the project delivery for multiple projects with teams both locally and overseas
- Working with product and engineering, establish a solid planning and execution process from sprint planning and stand-ups to retrospectives.
- Keep all stakeholders from the project team to executives up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Strong understanding of business to technical requirements translation.
- Deep fluency with spreadsheet and presentation tools.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Coordinate or orchestrate with other project teams for cross-team dependencies.
- Using data, you are savvy with Jira and agile implementations to identify trends and patterns for continuous process improvements
- Help build out Project Management organization by contributing to the efficient process creation and best practices documentation
What you’ll need
- Positive attitude, high energy, attention to detail and ability to drive projects
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a technical project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams with 2+ years in an Agile environment
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of the development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into a clear, actionable plan.
- Willingness to dive in and research a project or problem from multiple points-of-view, drive consensus to supported conclusions, and layout a clear go-forward game plan.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and build appropriate relationships with all levels in the organization.