Technology Manager – Part Time
Portland’s CW (KRCW) is looking for a Technology Manager.
This position manages broadcast engineering activities that maintain both traditional and server-based broadcast equipment and systems to keep broadcast networks reliably on-air. Responsible for transmitter systems, studio equipment and IT infrastructure by managing routine maintenance and repairs to increase the stability of the transmitters, translators, STL and TSL microwave links. They will also provide IT support and service to the staff and insure the broadcast facility is maintained.
- Respond to transmitter issues, manage maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Insure broadcast facilities are maintained for staff safety and dependable operations
- Provide IT support and service for the station and its staff.
- Assist local staff with knowledge of networking, PC, MACS and servers
- Schedule and Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems while maintaining them in accordance with established IT polices
- Work with corporate
- A minimum of 5 years of job experience with high- powered RF and tall towers is required as well as a good understanding of FCC rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT Communications, or similar field, OR technical training and/or work experience equivalent.
- The flexibility to provide coverage and assistance in a 24/7 environment.
- Ability to hire, assign and manage vendors and contractors within established budgets.