- Manage the tactical operations as well as strategic function of the transportation department.
- Effectively manage transportation budget exceeding $10M while continually exceeding our customer’s expectations
- Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement world class transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
- Collaborate with peers to drive improvements in division performance against key metrics
- Drive efficiencies within the department through timely implementation of programs and processes to increase revenues and reduce expenses through effective management of human capital and fleet
- Seek opportunities to improve routing operations, increase back-haul revenues, and improve departmental results
- Maintain a safe and healthful working environment by promoting and managing safety at all levels of the operation
- Provide effective leadership and conduct performance management to foster professional growth of department personnel
- Support and encourage open door policy to ensure open lines of communication with employees responding to employees needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage transportation operation to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company regulations; including, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, food safety, and Company Standards
- Responsible for overall selection, hiring, discipline and termination of department personnel
- Plan and organize what work and resources are required to effectively meet on-time delivery requirements
- Other duties as assigned