Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition: The Global Customer Solutions (GCS) group provides a consistent service experience for all MetLife customers, which includes driving a superior customer service experience and transforming our contact centers.
Global Customer Solutions provides outstanding Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Global business, and drives contact center transformation and digital servicing channels globally.
As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for Product Introduction and Optimization for one or more MetLife’s customer experience solutions. These would include Telephony, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Call Recording, Agent Conversational Guidance and others as they become available.
- Setting the short and long-term vision and strategy for respective Voice Platform channel solution. Communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders. Develop and own the online application solution roadmap, delivering what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives.
- Defining the respective Voice Platform application release process and coordinating all of the activities required to bring these solutions into production. Including managing dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- Owns the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas, determining which ideas should be promoted into features to push the online strategy forward. Responsible for reviewing and approval of the requirements for each feature and the desired user experience, contained within the Cross Platform solution BRDs and FRDs.
- Works closely with IT AD, IT engineering, and Third Party Vendors, on the technical specifications and ensure that teams have all of the information they need to deliver a complete solutions to production. Serve as the Voice Platform solution SME to technical partners, providing business expertise and information supporting their development of investigation procedures and processes enabling identification and resolution of production technical issues on MetLife’s platforms.
- Leverage metric and data analysis derived from application performance/availability, call center, user satisfaction surveys, user feedback and technical incidents to identify opportunities, recommend and ensure the delivery of solutions and enhancements to optimize platforms and solutions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in various business/technology roles with progressive responsibilities in the customer solutions platform/Web application development/support, Agent Desktop, mobile, email and survey solutions.
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Agile Frameworks, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access and Web Design. Experienced with technology portfolio and risk management tools and data facilities.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Flexibility to work on different projects at the same time. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines. Ability to work with all levels of management. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to support liaison role. Ability to work independently while effectively managing time.
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment. Demonstrated experience managing complex business processes, technology and change programs across a matrixed organization for a Fortune 500 company. Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations. Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future. In addition to solid interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation – across a broad range of levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience in customer solutions platform management function.
- Deep understanding of one or more applications within the Voice Platform portfolio, these would include These would include Telephony, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Call Recording, Agent Conversational Guidance and others as they become available.
- Knowledge of Global Operations: organization, services and technology portfolio.
10% or less
GCS – Platform Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.