Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
As a Managing Consultant you will be a part of the Implementation Services New Business department and be responsible for the onboarding of new plans, transfer plans and internal conversions. You will get to manage all elements of implementation events and tasks that include scope analysis and coordination with multiple internal and external parties. Be a proactive and strategic consultant to our stakeholders by communicating the implementation plan, including but not limited to the key objectives and deliverables, scheduling, tracking and reporting to all parties. Best of all you will become the primary resource for subject matter expertise on retirement plans and the implementation processes.
Get to know the business
AIG is in the business of helping people achieve a secure and fulfilling retirement. We support our customers in reaching their financial goals, providing them the freedom and peace of mind to enjoy their retirement years. We call this being FutureFIT. This approach helps our customers take control of their financial wellness, helping millions of people plan and save for their goals. With the combined strength and wealth of products of AIG Retirement Services and member companies, you can apply your financial planning skills to make a real difference in the lives of people who need your help.
About the role
We want to hear from you today if you can:
- Consult internal/external customers on timing for implementation milestones.
- Analyze and effectively communicate broader operations aspects to help influence decisions across departments for services being implemented.
- Work closely with the assigned Relationship Manager, ongoing Account Manager and various internal business partners to ensure a smooth transition at the end of the project.
- Attend Finalist and Kick-off related meetings and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with the plan sponsor, executive sales team, TPA’s, vendors, and our internal subject matter experts.
- Provide consultative solutions for AIG Retirement Services best practices and ensure details are understood so that our administrative processes and system(s) are established correctly to include but not limited to plan design details that affect pricing, eligibility, data exchanges, contracts, and transactional processing.
- Develop, communicate, maintain and manage the detailed project plan, timeline for account implementation projects and ensure deadlines, milestones and success criteria are met or exceeded through timely coordination and communication of the details necessary to complete an account implementation project by the agreed upon effective date.
- Identify and manage timely and effective resolution of any issues that surface during the handling of all assigned duties. Track and report implementation activity results in a “real time” fashion via internal Implementation databases and reporting tools.
- Conduct lessons learned at the end of each implementation phase for continuous improvement purposes.
- Develop and execute plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality.
- Identify out of scope services and escalate as needed to ensure all services are included in pricing.
- Must be proactive in managing issues by anticipating the outcome of the process and ensuring all necessary steps have been taken.
- Model and coach others on Customer Service Excellence within Implementation.
- Develop key strategies for retention and future business wins through the interactions with Implementations Services.
- Identify gaps and facilitate training needs within the team.
- Perform final quality review for all internal systems and external client facing systems for implementation related items.
- Review and participate on RFP process for new business to identify potential solutions based on Implementations Service model and scope.
- Develop knowledge/content management strategy with accountability for maintenance of Implementation Tools and Reference Database.
- Coach and mentor Implementation Consultants to create capacity and efficiency within the team/department.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum 8+ years of related experience is required.
- Extensive project management experience with solid knowledge of the various retirement plans and subsequent provisions.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software.
- Ability to analyze data, determines root cause, and provides and/or develops an appropriate solution for resolution.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proactive problem-solving ability with solutions oriented attitude.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment and make decisions while considering client requirements.
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed.
- Successful completion of relevant professional designation preferred (i.e. CEBS, ASPA); but not required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Functional Area:OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company