Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Is life sciences in your DNA? Breakthroughs in pharma are helping people live healthier lives, while medical devices enable patients to proactively maintain health – this is undoubtedly a transformative time for health care companies. Our Life Sciences practice is an engine of innovation, helping pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and diagnostic companies develop custom solutions that tackle today’s challenges, while anticipating tomorrows. You will have an immediate impact by partnering with our clients, across all levels, to deliver product planning, pricing, reimbursement, product commercialization, and regulatory and compliance solutions. Do you think you are up for the challenge?
Managing Consultants are responsible for managing projects from cultivation to completion. In this role, you will manage the activities of the designated project team and support the day to day management of the client relationship. You are expected to effectively develop and manage work plans, staffing, deadlines and budgets and are expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Work products are expected to be high quality and client ready. In this visible role, you will lead team meetings and guide, manage, and coach Consultants and Senior Consultants, providing constructive feedback on their project participation and overall career development. Managing Consultants work closely with Directors and Managing Directors to keep them abreast of project progress and important developments. Managing Consultants take part in sales initiatives and Practice development. Travel is project dependent but averages 20 percent.
Navigant encourages career development and hiring for the long term. Managing Consultants follow a clearly defined career path. As Managing Consultants hone their project management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams, professional expertise, and client and business development skills, they progress to the position of Associate Director.
- BA/BS degree in Science, Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare, Business or related course of study, advanced degree/PhD.
- 6 plus years of relevant Life Science Industry (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Specialty Pharma and/or Medical Technology) or Consulting experience is required.
- Must have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas as it pertains to life sciences: product planning and development; market access, pricing & reimbursement; product commercialization; franchise & business unit strategy; corporate strategy; regulatory & compliance.
- 2 plus years experience managing the activities of a project team including workplan, staffing, deadlines scope and budget.
- Demonstrated success supervising, coaching and mentoring more junior level staff and ownership and guidance of their career development.
- Must be willing and able to travel to client sites across the US, up to 20% of the time.
- Authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be collaborative and a team player.
- Must have exceptional client management experience including expanding client relationships within an organization and ability to recognize and communicate add-on and/or cross business opportunities at external clients.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. Guidehouse is led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/qFdlCxkmAPi908Ai8QTNm?domain=guidehouse.com.
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program