Board of Innovation is an independently owned business design and innovation strategy firm with offices in New York, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Singapore. Our consultants help the world’s largest organizations navigate fundamental shifts. We do this by developing growth strategies, innovation capabilities, and new businesses using our clients’ assets and core strengths.
Thanks to our years in the field, we know that innovation doesn’t need to be sexy to work. You won’t get innovation theatre from us. Our strategists and business designers are fully committed to delivering return on innovation. We focus on programs that produce results.
Board of Innovation Americas is expanding and is looking to bring onboard a Managing Director who can steer our small but fast growing team. Our New York office is a dynamic 8-person team that truly values a result-driven mindset. Because we are a small team, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and hands-on leader.
We encourage each team member to make their role their own, and we consider the job description below a starting point for yours :
- You coach and build the team
- You coach the local team in New York and our freelance support network according to the principles of a entrepreneurial organization and our key values
- You actively support each team member to grow in her/his role according to their specific needs and you provide hands-on help, advice and support where needed
- You drive our growth by overseeing the recruitment of new team members to build a more diverse team that can raise the bar in the work we do
- You manage the regional P&L
- You own and manage the regions revenue and margin target
- You track and manage key metrics to ensure that we maintain a sustainable business model
- You forecast potential risks and opportunities and strategizes actions accordingly
- You support the business development strategy
- You are responsible for the growth of Board of Innovation Americas by developing business development strategies for new and existing business relationships.
- You support the Sr. business development manager in the creation of proposals that will address the underlying needs of prospective clients in a differentiated manner.
- You create, maintain and leverage an extensive and relevant local network, leading to a strategic advantage and business. You act as a credible sounding board and trusted partner to these prospected clients’ executive stakeholders. By growing meaningful long-term partnerships and anticipating their challenges in innovation, you develop successful innovation strategies, as well as identify, conceptualize and create new product-market combinations.
- You ensure high-quality project delivery
- You act as a credible sounding board on all strategic projects and support project teams in defining the strategy for project execution and for growing our strategic accounts
- You define the sourcing strategies for client project execution (building on the current team of 5 full time consultants in the USA, but tapping into additional freelance capacity and +30 Board of innovation consultants across the globe.
- You are able to take on strategic client projects yourself (if needed), in which you support senior corporate teams in their quest for new business opportunities (e.g. by generating actual new revenue streams, new product launches, etc). You are strong in facilitating and consulting these teams (and guide them through the different phases of new product or service developments - strategy fit, problem fit, solution fit, go-to-market).
- You manage day-to-day operations
- You work closely together with our support team in Europe to ensure that all operational processes (invoicing, payroll, IT etc.) are running smoothly and efficiently
- You manage the relationship with our legal and accounting firms in New York City
- You ensure that everyone on the team has the tools and resources they need to do their best work
Ideally, you :
- successfully took on a leadership role in an entrepreneurial environment before (as CEO, COO, Managing Director, Founder, Principal, Studio Lead ...), preferably in an agency
- have strong people management skills
- bring significant and successful business development experience
- have substantial consultancy experience
- understand the ins and outs of the business design process , and have a strong interest in corporate innovation
- thrive in ambiguity, get things done, and are result-oriented
- are credible as a leader , easily connect with our team and clients
- identify strongly with our mission, values and culture
- speak and write fluently in English (Spanish is an asset)
- agree to an OTE salary package of 180k-250k + health benefits
Why work at Board of Innovation?
- You enjoy working on the most amazing innovation projects with Fortune 500 corporates (like Roche, AB Inbev, World Economic Forum, Nestlé, and many more).
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to contribute to our overall business strategies and growth.
- You want numerous on-the-job-and-beyond learning opportunities, and you'll receive a self-development budget.
- You look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of a highly talented, ambitious, (from time to time hilarious) international and diverse team (15 different nationalities and counting!)
- You are eager to build a global professional network through our offices and clients worldwide (New York, Singapore, Antwerp, Amsterdam), while appreciating New York as your base.
- If you're interested, you enjoy creating positive change in societies and with INGOs (Unicef, SOS Children's Villages,...) through our .Social branch.
- You will get a market-conform remuneration package, benchmarked with local standards.
- Pre- and post-Covid, we like to surf with the global team once a year. Not just on the internet, but also on the waves in the South of France during our annual Summer Office, bringing the whole team together to connect, learn and have fun.
- You can work flexibly when you're most productive. We don't have typical 9 to 5 expectations. And of course, remote work is highly supported! However... Post-Covid, we'll be happy to return to our beloved offices with standing desks, cozy coffee corners, fresh fruits and healthy lunches!
Board of Innovation recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Interested? Read more about our culture, mission and values!