- Originate, evaluate and oversee the execution of first mortgage, mezzanine and preferred equity investments across all asset classes.
- Take lead on deal execution from origination, to structuring, underwriting and loan negotiation.
- Present comprehensive investment committee memoranda detailing investment rationale, deal returns, and key execution risks.
- Oversee the ongoing asset management of existing loan positions.
- Run a deal team of a Vice President, Associate and/or Analyst.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in originating and acquiring direct high yield principal investments.
- Understanding of real estate credit.
- Solid relationships with borrowers, advisors and bankers.
- Strong quantitative and financial acumen is required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization are necessary to succeed in a fast paced environment where it will be required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are keys to success at Related.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
Related Debt Strategies, the high yield platform of Related Fund Management (RFM), originates and invests in performing and nonperforming mortgages, mezzanine loans, and debt-like preferred equity investments, including construction loans, secured by commercial real estate assets. The platform is staffed by a group of investment professionals in New York and California.
Related Fund Management is an SEC-registered investment advisor that manages, as of June 30 2019, approximately $6 billion of capital across various real estate investment strategies on behalf of institutional investors. RFM is an active provider of debt and equity financing for real estate projects both domestically and internationally.
Related Companies is a fully-integrated real estate company with expertise in development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing, and sales. The firm holds a premier portfolio of high quality assets owned, managed, and under construction valued at over $60 billion. Its operating portfolio includes 78,500 residential units and 30 million square feet of commercial space located throughout the United States.
Related Fund Management, LLC is looking to hire a Managing Director for its high yield credit platform, Related Debt Strategies (RDS). RDS has invested over $2 billion with a focus on real estate debt, including first mortgages, A/B notes, mezzanine loans and preferred equity collateralized by commercial real estate located across the United States. RDS targets investment opportunities in gateway cities and select secondary markets which demonstrate strong supply/demand characteristics.
The candidate will be responsible for the origination and execution of credit investment opportunities across the United States, with a focus on gateway cities including New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami as well as select secondary markets that demonstrate strong supply/demand imbalances.
S/he will report to senior management and can be based in New York, Chicago, or San Francisco.