The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The Head of Procurement will work with internal stakeholders from initial need identification to final goods or service delivery. The process starts with demand management which then drives supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and continuous process improvement.
The Head of Procurement will work with senior stakeholders to align procurement activities with their strategic, operational and financial objectives, and to enlist their support in sourcing improvement efforts.
The Head of Procurement will initially be responsible for implementing the procurement strategy including staffing the function and utilizing best practices to transform the operating framework from one that is decentralized to one that is center led. After implementation, the HOP will manage and be accountable for ongoing procurement efforts. If business circumstances support procurement activities outside the procurement function, the Head of Procurement will support the procurement strategy development, bid execution, contract negotiation and supplier performance evaluation.
- Recruitment, hiring and development of team members
- Creation and ongoing development of a best in class supplier network
- Development of an enterprise-wide procurement strategy in partnership with the executive team, including creation and management of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives
- Identification and implementation of procurement best practices
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Optimization of procurement systems
- Ongoing development, ownership, and maintenance of the procurement policy
- Leadership of procurement staff in sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Ownership of the procurement department’s budget
- Design and monitoring of scorecard metrics
- Ownership and accountability for the implementation of the procurement strategy
Job Skills & Experience:
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Strong cultural fit
- Team player who can easily collaborate with senior leaders across the business
- In depth knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and even better listening skills that allows the HoP to get the “voice of the internal customer” and to understand the company culture and how to best communicate procurement’s value to it
- Ability to “sell” procurement’s value and to run procurement as a services business
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as a sophisticated understanding of contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
- Analytical mindset, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to solve problems
- Strong working knowledge and depth of experience in supply chain management capabilities such as inventory management, demand planning forecasting and replenishment
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance
- 10 + years of senior procurement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering, or related fields
- Experience in leading procurement organizations, experience with transformation or developing the procurement function as the initial hire onto the team is a plus
- Experience with Workday Procurement is a plus
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.