The Managing Director of Sales Origination is responsible for leading new business development. Builds relationships across the industry, sources and executes against transactional opportunities for non-bank clients, and coordinates closely with colleagues to bring differentiated solutions and relationship enhancements to high priority companies.
- Actively harvest Tier 1 & 2 companies to generate new business in collaboration with colleagues
- Pursue new credit transactions from first call, deal structuring, credit approval of t/s, and up to signed t/s with support from Credit Solutions colleagues
- Actively cross-sell the product platform (via partnering with appropriate colleagues) including but not limited to: Private Bank, Asset Management, Leerink
- Ensure new relationships maintain highest credit quality
- Coordinate with other business development colleagues, namely VCRM and Corporate Venture teams, to enhance our go-to-market strategies and differentiation
- Use scalable tools to build and maintain a tiered target prospect list of public and late stage private co’s in the sectors and geographies of focus
- Closely track all sales activity in CRM database with on-time engagement and no data gaps
- Closely collaborate with the relationship team in assigned territory including regularly scheduled prospect review meetings to coordinate relationship accountability
- Leverage and cascade sub-sector insights nationally to make more informed risk decisions
- Attend major investor conferences
- Present on at least 1 public speaking panel per year
- Makes timely judgement calls and sound business decisions based on technical knowledge and service standards to generate business development opportunities without financial loss to the bank.
- Recommends changes to policies and established procedures that impact immediate organization(s)
- Significant knowledge of banking and financial service
- Demonstrates multi-disciplinary knowledge of marketing, operations, and emerging technologies
- Experience managing and/or participating in digital, cross-functional projects with short delivery cycles and multiple phases
- Expert relationship management skills.
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills with an ability to build and close new relationships.
- Strong business network
- Proven ability to launch and support ideas and vision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
- 8 or more years of related experience