|Manufacturing Technician I|
This position is responsible for performing routine tasks, operating equipment, and troubleshooting in the areas of Vial Inspection, Vial Packaging, Syringe Inspection and Syringe Packaging. This position supports execution of the production plan.
- Operate and troubleshoot high-speed automated Inspection and Packaging equipment. Typical tasks include loading vials/syringes onto automated inspection equipment, changing label reels, replenishing packaging items (e.g. inserts, labels, cartons, trays, shippers), operating syringe assembly machine, thermoformer, cartoner, case palletizer, serialization equipment, and wrapping pallets.
- Participate in line changeovers and continuously strive to minimize line downtime and maximize OEE%.
- Ensure compliance with cGMPs and SOPs at all times.
- Perform routine Quality and Safety inspection walk-throughs of the production areas.
- Perform scheduled cleanings of equipment and packaging rooms.
- Will serve as witness of routine unit operation tasks for batch record signing. Maintains all associated documentation for operations being performed.
- May assist with formal CAPAs and NCRs as needed.
- Adheres to the production schedule and provides overtime and weekend support when needed.
- Performs routine assignments with supervision. Takes initiative to identify issues, troubleshoot, propose solutions, and keep management informed.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
HS Diploma or GED and 3-5 yrs experience
AA degree in science, engineering or a related discipline and 1-3 years experience
BS degree in science, engineering, or a related discipline and 0-3 years experience
- Prior mechanical experience and/or experience working as a Packaging Operator in Pharmaceutical or Medical device industries.
- Engineering background
- Experience working with automated Inspection and/or Packaging equipment.
Terms of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, majority of the work activities are performed while standing.
Based on production demands, different start time scenarios may occur so a very flexible work schedule is required for the candidate. Ability to accommodate production requirements that may require 50+ hour workweeks, including extended day hours and weekend. Core Work hours areTBD. This role occasionally requires work on weekends or extended hours depending on production demands.
- Ability to stand over intervals of several hours at a time
- Ability to bend, squat, and reach
- Ability to lift, push or pull various amounts of weight
- Ability to pass the required visual acuity test (wearing corrective lenses if needed)