ATC has an opening for an experienced, hands-on Manufacturing Assistant Manager to join its high reliability space and aerospace electronics manufacturing department in Chelmsford Ma. ATC designs, develops and produces high reliability RF, Optical, Digital and Power units, payloads and systems for the space and aerospace community, including NASA, DoD and the commercial sector. The successful candidate would report to the Director of Manufacturing, and would be responsible for the hands-on management of the manufacturing engineers and assemblers implementing the NASA and IPC space addendum manufacturing processes employed to assemble high density printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies containing CCGA, BGA, LGA and QFN devices, and integrating these PCB assemblies into units and systems. This individual would also have the demonstrated ability to:
- Accomplish the production planning and provide guidance to the production controller in staff and tasking assignments to meet priorities
- Work with and provide guidance to the manufacturing engineers and assemblers
- Work closely with program managers, quality assurance, engineering and material control personnel
- Review assembly drawing and develop assembly procedures to be followed by the assemblers in the PCB and unit assembly process
- Set up automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment, and train assembly operators in equipment operation and maintenance
- Develop and qualify new/ modified manufacturing processes
- Design manufacturing process tooling
- Perform manufacturing issue investigations and develop/implement solutions
- Develop and maintain process specifications, procedures and documentation
The individual should have a minimum of ten years’ experience in manufacturing management and engineering using the NASA/ IPC Space Addendum manufacturing processes, and related training and/or education.
Interested candidates submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assurance Technology Corporation (ATC) is a leader in the design and development of high technology electronics systems for the space and communications industries. ATC has a successful history in space and ground systems research and development programs yielding advanced technology high reliability hardware and software as well as providing engineering and management consulting and high reliability test services. ATC offers excellent benefits including company paid medical and dental insurance, a deferred profit sharing plan, and a 401(k) savings plan. Our Massachusetts facilities are located northwest of Boston convenient to routes 2, 3, 128, and 495. Visit our website at http://www.assurtech.com.
Assurance Technology Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer to include Veterans and individuals with disabilities.