At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking an entry-level Manufacturing Associate that exhibits an understanding of basic scientific principles in regards to Upstream Cell Culture and/or Downstream Purification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attending daily manufacturing huddles and collaboratively assisting with development work schedule
- Execution of upstream or downstream manufacturing process operations, including:
- Autoclaving Assemblies and performing Buffer Preparations
- Cell splitting and amplification within shake flasks, and bioreactors.
- Infection and harvest processes using centrifugation and depth filtration
- Purification steps using flow-through and column capture chromatography
- Virus removal and Concentration/Buffer Exchange steps using nanofiltration and Tangential Flow filtration
- Drug Substance filling
- Accurately documenting all manufacturing and/or service activities based on GMP expectations
- Writing, revising, and editing Batch Records/SOP's for the manufacturing process and facility
- Maximizing work efficiency through Continuous Improvement and 5S initiatives
- Maintenance and organization of supply inventory.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of all manufacturing facilities with chemical substances such as disinfectants, or other process chemicals.
- BS in life sciences or engineering
- Familiarity with GMP Manufacturing processes and working within a controlled environment High personal integrity, credibility and energy
- Ability to effectively respond to change
- Must be detail oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Physical requirements:
- Extensive standing during GMP operations
- Effectively push/pull 200kg vessels on portable dollies
- Safely crouch and return to standing position while holding 25 lbs.
- Safely hoist 25 lbs. above head
- Exhibit fine motor skills for documentation and use of handheld instruments such as pipettes
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and Ebola virus (EBOV), and preclinical programs for Zika virus (ZIKV), seasonal influenza and a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidates.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.