Auto req ID: 2985
Title: Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Job Function: Manufacturing
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility in York is our final assembly plant. Employees at York also perform a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing and painting and produce a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models. Join our team as a Manufacturing Controls Engineer.
Develops and maintains advanced technical competence in the areas of Electrical Controls through benchmarking, analysis, project interaction, education and development of strategic partnerships. Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Guides and trains teams in efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks. Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel
- Develop and coordinate projects that enhance machine reliability, productivity, consistentimprovement in quality and operational safety.
- Establish measurable goals for production equipment reliability and productivity improvements,measure and communicate performance to established goals. Draw in expertise from the workforce toestablish and attain goals.
- Participate in the design and implement machinery reliability improvements.
- Provide technical guidance, project direction and assistance to both hourly staff and managementpersonnel.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLC’s: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, ect: and HMI or SCADA programming configuration of any of the following software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, itellution, GE Cimplicity, CI Tech, Iconics, Siemens, US Data, etc. Panel design and layout, bill of materials, and wiring schematic capabilities are expected with this position. The candidate must have experience reading and red-lining PI&D drawings. Ideal experience would include: Preliminary hazards analysis (PHA), Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), Criticality analysis (CA), Life cycle asset management (LCAM), Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)