Our client, an export focused manufacturing company, is looking for a talented and motivated Manufacturing and Design Engineer to join their Engineering team.
The successful person will have an integral role in a cross-functional team designing and developing new and existing products.
- Work closely with customers and sales department to translate customer needs into product requirements and design specifications
- Provide technical / engineering support to production during the introduction of new and the manufacture of existing products
- Prepare and develop manufacturing aids to support new and existing products (including technical drawings, work instructions, etc.)
- Prepare manufacturing costings for projects and validate during production
- Complete engineering changes and document accordingly
- Investigate and determine the root cause of non-conformances and implement and document corrective actions
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements as part of the company’s continuos improvement
- Provide strong analytical approach to problem solving and innovative solution in a timely manner
- Perform job functions in accordance with applicable ISO standards
- Occasional travel to customer sites (UK and Europe) for design reviews will be required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar role essential
- Diploma or degree qualification in Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of CAD packages essential (including AutoCAD & Solidworks)
- Ability to work in a team environment while demonstrating strong individual achievement
- Strong organisational, planning and scheduling skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org