Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Pilot Engineering is a flexible and creative organization responsible for rapidly transitioning new products from the design phase into high volume manufacturing while maintaining and exceeding the high-quality standards that our customers expect.
Some of our operating principles:
- Enable fast learning and transition during development through world-class RPM in all engineering sites, cutting prototype lead-times from weeks to days at volume suppliers
- During beta, deliver tools to committed dates while accommodating late design changes, at volume quality and equitable cost
- Co-located with Engineering / Product Management and organized by PG with PDR program dedication to enable joint ownership of program success
- Improve product development through recognized expertise in DFX (Manufacturability, Test, Ergonomics, Variability) and Should-Costing at alpha, while partnering with Engineering to shift our expertise into concurrent engineering for faster solutions
- Select, develop, and retain people with a strong bias for achievement & confidence in managing risk
Our Tualatin team is looking for highly motivated individuals that have strong analytical minds, are great communicators, adept problem solvers, fearless innovators, and possess strong work ethics. Successful candidates will work with state of the art plasma enhanced vapor deposition products
Other Job Responsibilities
- Works closely with manufacturing and manufacturing engineering in the coordination of new product builds
- Reviews new designs for manufacturability and makes recommendations to manufacturing engineering on manufacturability improvements
- Verifies labor hours and provides input to manufacturing engineering on time standards
- Makes recommendations for fixturing and process requirements for new product lines
- Verifies and recommends operation sequence in the manufacturing of sub-assemblies and final assemblies
- Makes recommendations for outsourcing vs building in house of sub-assemblies
- Supports first time builds at outside suppliers for outsourcing activities
- Verifies accuracy of issues found in manufacturing
- Verifies part non-conformance is documented and escalates as needed
- Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills that will enable the candidate to positively influence new product designs
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing methodologies as they apply to Low volume/high mix products
- Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office products, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent semi-conductor industry experience
- Work schedule is Day Shift: Wednesday - Saturday
- 3D modeling experience or training strongly preferred
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.