5 Month Contract
- Supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Spends the majority of time, up to 90%, on shop floor resolving manufacturing related issues.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering.
- May interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems.
- Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Applies basic lean/six sigma principals to drive improvements to production processes.
- Interacts with employees located at multiple facilities across the country.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Technical discipline), plus 2 years experience
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Mechanical background
- Experience in root cause/corrective action- preventive action
- Can work independently with minimal guidance
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with military vehicles
- Experience with industrial diesel engines
- Welding experience
- Experience working in a collaborative, team based environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Integration and Test Experience