Our client, a nationwide electrical engineering leader, has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Our candidate of choice will be a key team member within the Operations team, for its New Jersey operation. Candidate must have experience in engineering support within a manufacturing operation and have excellent “hands-on” mechanical and organizational skills.
- Lead assigned projects.
- Design, plan, specify, procure, certify, and implement into production; safe, high quality, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Support production equipment and processes as required to ensure optimal performance.
- Operations lead on New Production Introductions and Design Changes (ECN/ECR and OSK).
- Create efficient production process to build and ship custom configured products within market lead-time.
- Reviews drawings, blueprints, sketches, manuals or sample parts to determine appropriate manufacturing process.
- Create drawings in Solid Works, Draftsight or similar CAD software.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Create/Update information for creation of BOMs/Routings in ERP.
- Support Quality team on investigation and corrective action for product quality issues.
- Act as a team leader with excellent interpersonal skills and customer-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work with cross functional team environment and drive results.
- Ability to support other job functions (logistics, warehouse, technical sales, instrumentation) within a small team structure.
- BS degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a manufacturing function
- Experience in the temperature process control industry a plus.
- Hands-on electro-mechanical production experience
- Prior experience with the manufacture and distribution of electrical wire and cable products including insulation extrusion, braiding, multi-conductor cable construction and re-spooling a plus
- Welding, Brazing, and/or Soldering experience a plus.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office products
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification a plus.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!