You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
This role of the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for optimizing process flow in the manufacturing environment for current and incoming business to the Bryan plant. The position reports to the Plant's Technical Manager.
- Work closely with Operations and Engineering team members to insure appropriate work cell layouts, working with customers, suppliers YFAI Launch personnel and YFAI Operations staff to achieve YFAI business deliverables.
- Lead and promote effective problem solving/corrective action activities for the facility.
- Create and maintain work instructions, work cell layouts, error proof verification instructions and other related documents.
- Drive and Support Plant's Continuous Improvement initiatives, including process improvements, scrap reduction, labor efficiency, etc
- Establish and maintain good working relationships resulting in excellent customer satisfaction. (internal and external)
- Conduct all work activities following company safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate expected behaviors per the YFAI Employee Competency Model.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed to support the team
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with minimum of one year of related work experience is required.
Relevant automotive and/or experience in manufacturing environment is preferred.
Experience with ISO or TS Quality Systems is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods.
Proficient in use of a computer and common office software is required (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, including ability to work in a self directed environment.
Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable as is AUTO CAD.
Excellent problem solving skills are required.