Hayward Flow Control, a division of Hayward Industries, is a leading manufacturer of industrial thermoplastic valves, filters, strainers, bulkhead fittings & tank accessories, actuation, and pumps for use in water & wastewater treatment, chemical processing, water parks / municipal pools, life sciences, and general processing. Hayward’s thermoplastic flow control products can accommodate aggressive & corrosive environments, delicate ecosystems, or the strictest chemical balances to keep water & life working together. Hayward Flow Control is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified manufacturer.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation. For consideration please apply on-line at http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com /
Working at Hayward
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and standards while adhering to Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Provides production cell support and design/implementation of fixtures, tooling and methods improvements, following Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all product costs; includes performance of time studies and making recommendations to improve production efficiency.
- Develops and/or maintains work instructions, detailed operations sheets, process documentation, and system routers to ensure accurate product costs.
- Generates Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) for all production equipment.
- Assists the KPO Manager with project planning and follow-up for Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) events. Leads and participates in events as assigned.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and work flow; designs layout of equipment and work spaces for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and Product Engineering concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Works on new product development teams to develop new processes for new products, as well as to ensure all new products are optimally designed for manufacturability.
- Creates CAD drawings for work-cells, equipment, fixtures and plant layouts.
- Acts as liaison with vendors to determine product specifications, purchase equipment, materials & tooling; and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Assists in day-to-day manufacturing operations, primarily in a machine shop, injection molding and medium volume assembly environment, and provides post-molding, secondary operations, assembly, test and machining support.
- Occasional CNC programming required.
- Responsible for development, design, specification and testing of all packaging.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job)
- Proficient use of PC required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Proficient use of CAD/CAM required (AutoCad, SolidWorks, MasterCAM, etc.).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodology, including work cells, Kanban, Kaizen, and other lean manufacturing principles and methods of operation is required.
Knowledge of MRP/ERP manufacturing systems required.
Education, Experience, Licenses/Certificates
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited 4-year university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering in a machine shop and/or injection molding environment.
- Experience in a medium volume industrial assembly environment required.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment preferred.