Fives North American Combustion, Inc., was established in 1918 in Cleveland, Ohio andis a world leader in industrial combustion. Fives North American Combustion's parent company, The Fives Group, is an industrial engineering group which designs and supplies process equipment and plant facilities to major industrial players throughout the world. Headquartered in Paris, France Fives provides integrated process solutions to the aluminum, steel, cement, glass, sugar and automotive markets.
We are committed to new product development as well as our ongoing engineering, designing, and manufacturing of a wide range of industrial products including: burners, blowers, valves, regulators, flame safety systems, burner and furnace controls.
Fives North American Combustion, Inc. serves a diverse set of industries including: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Forging, Gypsum, Glass, Brick, Paper, Heat Treat, Ceramics, Incineration, and Air Heating.
Fives North American Combustion has a strong global presence through the efforts of our direct sales force, subsidiaries, international distributors and licensees. Our headquarters is in Cleveland, Ohio where we support business operations, research and development, engineering, inside sales, and manufacturing.
Job Summary:TheIndustrial Engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to manufacturing processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products; and is the liaison between the manufacturing of products and the design of products.
Duties & Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training
- Improve manufacturing processes and drive continuous improvement through application of Six Sigma and Lean tools, for cost reductions, quality improvement and efficiency
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment of training the team members
- Assists the plant manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new and/or revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency
- Represents manufacturing on cross functional teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem solving ability and continual improvement of processes
- LEAN process knowledge
- CAD system proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Easy to work with in a collaborative team environment
- Proactive, able to anticipate arising needs and take ownership of activities
- Ability to work independently and in a project oriented environment
- Ability to resolve issues
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing
Language Ability:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability:Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as college algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra, differential equations and statistics.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb vertical ladders or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, hot or cold temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- 2-4 years of experience working with welding and CNC machine departments..
- Previous combustion experience ideal, but not required
- Technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and tools
- Development of documented process control, job work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or related technical field
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To viewadditional opportunities within the Fives Groups please visit our career page,https://www.fivesgroup.com/careers/careers-at-fives.html.