If you have 10+ years of precision machining experience, have a good attitude and passionate about manufacturing, please apply! We are not just making parts but creating a legacy!
Who we are:
Founded in 1990, Pioneer Service has built a solid reputation as a PrecisionMachine Shop providing Swiss Screw Machine Products, CNC Turned Parts &Centerless Grinding Services. Our 25,000-square foot facility is in Addison, IL, a convenient 20-minute drive southeast of O'Hare International Airport.
Pioneer Service is a privately held, Certified Women-Owned Business. Our team takes pride in providing our customers with a competitive edge within their market by continually delivering the highest quality components and services on-time. Pioneer Service delivers quick turnaround times on low and high volume run orders. We serve a vast number of industries.
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Swiss Machinist is to manufacture quality parts to the blueprint specification utilizing the resources available within their department to meet the customer requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Program, setup and ensure that operators are capable of making parts to print on Swiss CNC Machines once set up
- Suggest process improvements for tooling, equipment and processes
- Estimate cycle times for quoting
- Participate in engineering reviews with customers and the PSI team
- Work with inspection department on improvements in inspection techniques
- Train Operators and be a resource for them on how to setup and run equipment
- Manufacture quality product to the customer specification
- Perform minor Machine Repairs and Machine Maintenance as needed
- Continually verifying and documenting product being produced.
- Daily verification of measuring instruments being used are properly calibrated
- Operate each machine in an efficient and safe manner
- Report any safety concerns immediately to your supervisor
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Properly recording all labor and production activities into Global Shop
- Participate in Daily Production Meeting
- Continuous Improvement recommendation of each job and process
- Work with Tool Room employees in developing better processes
- Minimum 10 years' experience or on the job training
- Ability to write and download CNC Programs or modify existing programs.
- Ability to calculate speeds and feeds
- Ability to speak and communicate in English & Spanish
- Ability to read and interpret prints and supporting documents
- Ability to use measuring instruments
- Ability to program and set up complex parts on CNC Swiss screw machines
- Competitive Hourly Salary based on experience
- Matching 401(k) contribution up to 5% after 12 months
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ear protection may be required for certain processes. Closed-toed shoes and eye protection are required for all activity on the shop floor.
GeneralE-Verify, Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.